Swiss Water® Decaffeinated Specialty Coffee
This delicious coffee comes from Brazilian plantations in the Minas Gerais region. The beans, being naturally processed (dried with the skin), are sent to Swiss Water® for decaffeination. The result is a natural decaffeinated coffee that maintains a good body and the distinctive notes of Brazilian coffees with hints of chocolate, walnut and almonds, and an aftertaste of toasted cereals.
- Sensory analysis: A cup with a good body, very pleasant aftertaste of cereals. With notes of milk chocolate, walnut, and almond.
- Origin: Brazil, Minas Gerais, Ouro Fino region
- Altitude: 900m - 1,300m
- Farm: Several small farmers
- Varieties: Caturra, Mundo Novo, Catuaì
- Processing: Natural
- Decaffeination method: Swiss Water®
- Certificates: Rainforest Alliance, Kosher (KV Check), Halal (HMCA)
The Swiss Water® Process
This Brazilian Specialty Coffee has been decaffeinated using the Swiss Water® Processing method. This is a 100% chemical free process in which the green coffee beans are rinsed until 99.9% of the caffeine has been removed without compromising on taste.
To prepare the beans for caffeine removal, they are cleaned and hydrated with pure, local water. Caffeine ventures out on its own, away from the coffee beans until the ratio of soluble compounds in the water to the compounds in the coffee reach the point of stability. The water flows continuously through carbon filters until pracically all the caffeine is trapped and separated.
Further Reading: https://www.swisswater.com/about-us/
- - -
📦 Shipping costs: For shipping we charge the current costs of CTT.
- Note: The 350g variant remains below the postal limit of 500g incl. packaging material!
☕ Price per coffee*: 26 cents
(*Related to 250g bags and espressos with 7g)
⚖ Price per kilo: At 250g: 37,60 €. At 350g: 37,43 €. At 500g: 36,40 €.